Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What a weekend!

Wow! What a weekend! I left Farmington on Saturday morning on a mission to take Regina's Durango down to Midland so that Roger and family would have use of it during their time home.
In Albuquerque I picked up Jayson at his mom's then drove over to Jason's and loaded Andi up! Woo Hoo! I got to take the baby to see the family! From there we started out on the long drive down to Hobbs, where I thought I was staying with my brother. We made it to see Francine and Gussie, then my brother Jerry, who had houseguests, then out to Darrell's mom's for a quick visit. Vicky's granddaughter, Nicole, is almost 3, and she really liked Andi. Pack up and hit the road for Robert's house in Midland!
We arrived at Robert's at around 12:30pm. Tired.....baby wouldn't settle down since she had slept quite a bit of the way in the car. I think I got to sleep around 2am.
Up at 8 to get ready for church with Robert and family. Made it at 10:40-only 10 minutes late! Grrr...I hate being late. The play was really cute and all the kids got gifts. We then went for lunch at Schlotsky's, and back to Robert's. MaKenzie and Kayla left from the restaurant to go to Midland Community Theatre, where MaKie is in "Narnia." So, they didn't get to meet the plane when the African Kuykendalls got home!
I left Robert's to drive over to Odessa to pick up Skyla, then we went back to Robert's (I'm dizzy just typing this!) and loaded up to go to the airport. 4:08 is the scheduled arrival time, so we leave at 3:45 for the 8 mile drive. We parked and went inside, then up to the waiting area outside of security. Laurie's family is there-Ricki, Bobby, Michelle, James, and their kids. We are all anxiously awaiting the arrival. Chatting nervously about nothing important, just waiting. It seemed like a long wait, but couldn't have been too long, and here they came! around the corner into view, then into our arms. There was Laurie hugging everyone, Robert and Roger hugging, and Kandle holding Miss Andi! I tried to get pictures through the tears, got a few, but haven't uploaded them yet. I will try to figure out how to add them, but I'm handicapped! No teenager lives in my house!
From the airport we went to feed these poor deprived wanderers some Mexican food. YeeHaw! TexMex no less. We ate at On The Border, since all the authentic places are closed on Sunday afternoons. It was still good, I think. We were all talking. Andi was asleep for quite a while, so I didn't get many pictures at lunch, either.
After lunch I took Skyla back to Odessa, then went back to Robert's house. Kandle and MaKenzie are joined at the hip again! and Walker and Jayson did not want to be separated either, so both kids came back to Robert's to spend the night. Roger came over and got in the hot tub with his twin brother. I stood in the kitchen and listened to the sound of their voices as they tried to catch up on 2 years apart.
Into bed, kind of. Baby girl cried and cried, and we discovered the next day that her gums were hugely swollen. I gave her some Tylenol and after about an hour she went to sleep. She slept from about 12 until I woke her up at 9 the next morning. I left out the boo boo story!!! Grandma was holding her hand while we walked across the parking lot after church, and of course she slipped and fell on her face. She cut her lip with her teeth and bled a lot. After some ice and some TLC she didn't act like it bothered her at all, until bedtime. She's a really good baby, and she traveled well. Her African family was glad her mom and dad let her come! It was a nice surprise.
We had a flight at 11:30, and I had to check in with the baby and her car seat, so we went to the airport at 10. Roger, Kandle, MaKenzie, and Walker took Jayson, Andi and I, and waited with us for a few minutes. The visit was just tooo short, but so much better than nothing. We are anxious for Christmas, when we will go back and have longer to spend with them.
The plane took off on time, Baby Girl went to sleep about 10 minutes later, then woke up about 15 minutes before we landed. She didn't have any issues with the flight at all. It was only an hour, so that was a good initiation.
Got off the plane and Jason came to pick us up. We went to have lunch.....Mexican food, which I love, by the way! But I think I got something bad. I made it home with no issues, but couldn't sleep. My stomach felt really weird, and I kept waking up all night long. I got up to go bowling Tuesday-my regular routine. Shortly after getting up I made the first of many trips to the potty. Montezuma's Revenge. Yuk! Today is Wednesday, and I am still visiting the throne regularly. Couldn't sleep well last night, either, so I am really tired today.
What a weekend! I need a cruise!

1 comment:

Funderstorm said...

Who ARE you? You're going to become a cyberspace junkie!!! Love you...thanks for the detailed info. Can't wait to see pics. You'll get it...it's easy with blogger. I sound like a commercial. :D